Do you ever wonder when it’s time to visit a dermatologist? Obviously if you have moderate to severe acne, you should see one. Think twice before you turn to google to treat your symptoms that require a professional. And I am not just referring to your yearly mole check.
If you have skincare concerns and want to get personalized skincare regimens, I am here to help. You can reach out to me on Instagram direct messaging HERE to discuss your concerns and I can schedule your one on one coaching session.
Signs you should visit a dermatologist:
- Growing mole- A change in the size or appearance of your mole.
- Rashes- If your rash is a significant size, a dermatologist may need to prescribe an antibiotic orprescription to treat it.
- Hair thinning- A dermatologist can help determine if there is a medical or hormonal cause and offer treatment plans.
- Moderate to severe acne/rosacea-A dermatologist can prescribe a topical medication to help minimize further blemishes or breakouts.
- Scar treatment- “Dermatologists can help reduce the appearance of scars by doing light therapy, scar removal, or prescribe a topical medication.”
- Excessive dry skin can be a result of eczema or psoriasis. It can be uncomfortable and itchy. A dermatologist can prescribe a topical treatment.
- Dry scalp- If you experience a dry scalp with excessive flakiness, a dermatologist can suggest over the counter products or steroid medications. They can also help control eczema/psoriasis on the scalp as well.
- Excessive sweating- Dermatologists can treat this by administering Botox in problematic areas or laser treatments
- Skin disorders that won’t heal- Your dermatologist can prescribe a treatment for skin issues that won’t heal in order to prevent scars, rashes or infections.
Dermatologists vs. Estheticians:
I recently wrote an article about dermatologists vs. estheticians on my blog. If you are curious about the difference between the two skincare professionals.
To read more about the differences between estheticians and dermatologist, visit my article HERE.
Hope you found this article helpful. Don’t forget to like and share. Also follow me on INSTAGRAM to receive daily skincare tips and tricks.