So us skincare lovers have heard the word around town of the latest “Bakuchiol.” Is it really worth the hype as the new plant based retinol-alternative? Some even claim it gets rid of wrinkles without all the chemicals. Count me in if this is true! So read this article to find out all about this ingredient and you be the judge if it’s worth the try!
Bakuchiol is a meroterpene in the class terpenophenol. It is separated from Psoralea corylifolia seed and was called Bakuchiol based on the Sanskrit name Bakuchi of the plant. It is used as a natural alternative to Retinol. Based on my research, I can say it proves to be as effective and safe to use and add to your skincare routine.
The benefits it provides are endless:
1, It acts as an anti-inflammatory agent and is anti-bacterial. You don’t have to worry about skin irritation, which is a downside of retinol. You can safely use Bakuchiol based products without having to worry about skin damage.
2. It is capable of reducing fine lines to give the consumer a youthful glow. It eliminates fine lines and wrinkles by stimulating anti-aging genes and protein. Bakuchiol gives you a boost of collagen and elastin to give you tighter and firmer skin.
3. Pregnant women and people with sensitive skin are more likely to suffer from retinol’s adverse effects, but there’s no need to worry about this whole using Bakuchiol due to its exceptional properties.
4. It can also be used as an antioxidant which will help protect your skin from the damaging rays of direct sunlight.
5. It helps clear and reduce acne breakouts making it perfect for acne-prone skin as well.
BAKUCHIOL PRODUCT RECOMMENDATONS:
SHOP Herbivore – Bakuchiol Natural Retinol Alternative Serum -The Uniquely Bouncy, Jelly-Textured Water-Based Serum Spreads Smoothly Over Skin, Instantly Providing Hydration And Leaving Skin Silky Soft
SHOP Biossance Squalane + Phyto-retinol Face Serum -This anti-aging Bakuchiol-based serum targets fine lines, wrinkles, and sun damage. It acts like retinol, visibly fighting signs of aging without any sensitizing or irritating effects.
- A Weightless Super-Hydrator That Melts Into Skin Leaving A Fresh, Velvety Finish. Makeup Glides On, Compliments Roll In.
- Bakuchiol (A Non-Irritating Bioavailable Retinol) & Tripeptide-29 Encourage Collagen Production And Diminish The Appearance Of Fine Lines
Bakuchiol can be used in many ways. It can be put on a few minutes before going to bed and works its magic overnight. Or it can be applied twice a day for quicker results. The seeds can also be crushed and mixed with equal parts of water, honey or yogurt to form a ready to apply face mask! You can use it as much as you want or until you get your desired result.
Although retinol has existed and flourished in the industry for a long period, its usage takes you through a long journey of constant redness and irritation before you finally reach the stage where your skin is soft and wrinkle free. Now imagine reaping all these advantages without having to go through the nasty, gruesome stage! With Bakuchiol, you will not have to worry about your skin reacting in such a way. This is why it is considered not only a great alternative but is of use to every skin type. One might be allergic to retinol, which is why in that case this is the next best natural alternative.
In conclusion, every skin type deserves all the care you can give it. And that means you should be very careful about what you apply to your skin daily. You might have to do a lot of research before purchasing certain products according to your skin but one thing is for certain that a product like Bakuchiol is one that you need not worry about. The amazing natural compound that eliminates all the wrinkles, acne, or fine lines that your face may have, without any side effects!
If you loved this article and found it informative, don’t forget to like and share! Also if you want to find out about retinoids, read my recent article HERE!
PHOTO SOURCE FOR PIN GRAPHIC: COURTESY OF BRANDS