There’s something so beautiful about radiant, glowing skin. The issue, however, is that radiant skin isn’t always easy to achieve. Whether you’re pregnant, a new mom, work full-time, or just need some expert tips to achieve the beautiful glow you’ve always desired, I have your back. Stay tuned for my top tips to achieve the glow you always wanted.
1. First and foremost, always remove your makeup at night.
Look, I’m sure there were times when you felt too lazy to wash your face at night or remove your makeup. However, this can wreak havoc to your skin. Not only will your skin suffer breakouts over time, but your pores can become clogged. There are many products in the market such as makeup remover wipes that help remove most of the dirt, oil, and makeup. Oh, and makeup remover wipes don’t count. They only smear your makeup all around your face and leave chemicals on your skin. You can read all about the best cleansers for your skin type HERE.
2. I cannot stress this enough: EXFOLIATE.
Exfoliating is the process of removing dead skin cells from your face. As we age our skin cells have a slower turnover rate which means exfoliating 1-2 a week becomes very crucial. It helps your skin look its healthiest and is also a great way to prep your skin for face products. Exfoliating regularly can help your skin prevent acne or blackheads by unblocking pores. The 2 main types of exfoliates are chemical and physical. Examples of physical exfoliators are a brush, cloth, or sponge to manually remove dead skin cells. Chemical exfoliators include low-percentages of gentle acids to dissolve dead skin cells and allow for new cells to turn over, revealing smoother and brighter skin. Chemical exfoliators come in the form of cleansers, toners, serums and sometimes even moisturizers.
3. You must apply sunscreen daily. I am guilty of going out without sunscreen in the winter or on cloudy days. It wasn’t until my mid 20’s when I started developing sun damage as a result. Sunscreen is crucial to prevent hyperpigmentation, which is when the skin develops darker patches of skin due to excess Melanin production. Therefore, it is important to implement sunscreen in your daily skincare routine to help protect against the sun’s harmful ultraviolet UVA and UVB rays. You can find some of my favorite sunscreens HERE
4. “You are what you eat!” The foods you eat are imperative in the health and beauty of our skin. You probably think about how nutrition affects your internal health and your weight, but eating the right foods can also improve the quality of your skin. It is important to eat foods rich in Vitamin C. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that is necessary to support the immune system, promote radiant skin and help blemishes heal properly. A diet low in fats and sugar also promotes healthier skin.
5. Get some weekly exercise in. When you get your heart pumping from exercise, your skin receives a good dose of oxygenated blood. Your skin also starts producing more of its natural oils, helping skin look healthy and naturally moisturized.
6. Beauty sleep is important for a reason! They say to get your beauty rest for a reason! Getting 7-9 hours of sleep can help regenerate collagen, boost blood flow to the skin, and repair skin cells. So unless you want raccoon eyes in the morning, I’d get enough rest at night to look healthy.
4 Skincare products to keep your skin radiant and glowing
QYKSONIC’s versatile 3-in-1 anti-aging Sonic Beauty Device that effectively cleanses, massages, and applies your skincare products. You don’t ever have to worrry about replacing brush heads as you do with cleansing brushes. Read more about this device HERE.
Save 10% on this amazing device by using code “Zaina10” HERE.
This dermatologist-developed exfoliating physcial exfoliating scrub gently brushes away roughness and flakiness. It smooths skin to lessen the appearance of fine lines while clearing the way for moisture. It is fragrance, sulfate, and paraben-free. Always do a patch test before using any scrub or skincare product.
- Vitamins A and E provide antioxidant benefits while Aloe Vera and Honey help soothe and condition skin
- Exfolikate is formulated with salicylic acid helps improve the appearance of pores, Lactic Acid is a natural alpha-hydroxy acid to “chemically” exfoliate the skin, and Papaya and other fruit Enzymes help enhance skin exfoliation
- Restore your skin’s hydration level by using this retinol booster.
- Made with grape seed and moringa seed oil to reduce the appearance of blemishes
- It hydrates skin to keep you looking fresh and youthful
If you found this article helpful, don’t forget to pin and share! Follow me on my Instagram to get more skincare tips!